The Lady Chapel
The Lady Chapel was begun in 1503 and constructed at the expense of Henry VII. It is the last great masterpiece of English medieval architecture. In 1545 John Leland called it "the wonder of the entire world". Unfortunately the names of the master masons who designed it are not known but they were possibly Robert Janyns and William Vertue. The chapel is approached by a flight of stairs and at the entrance are finely-wrought bronze gates displaying royal Tudor emblems.
Tel: 020 7222 5152
Entry Charges: Adult £18 Child Free Concessions £15