aFilter Options
< Back

Spencer House

One of the earliest examples of neoclassical architecture, the wonder of Spencer House’s design lives on in all its glory today. A truly great example of 18th century grandeur, it was built between 1756 and 1766 for the 1st Earl of Spencer. It has remained in the family ever since, and is presently under the ownership of the Princess of Wales’ brother, Charles Spencer, who is the current title holder of the Earlship.


The beautifully designed garden and terraced views of Green Park are worthy of note, as is Vardy’s Palm Room, enriched by gilded palm trees and Palladian set-piece, along with Stuart’s Painted Room which harks back to the Greek and Roman influences of the neoclassical design. Tours are available to guide you through the gorgeous interiors and eight of the State Rooms are open to the public each and every Sunday.

27 St James''s Place
London
SW1A 1NR

Tel: 020 7514 1958
Opening Times: Every Sunday 10:30am-4:45pm
Charges:
Adult : £12.00
Child : £10.00
Senior Citizen: £10.00
  • Photos
  • Map