Although it is still mistakenly thought to house the Crown Jewels, Jewel Tower is still home to a decadent collection of precious jewels dating back centuries. It originally formed part of the Palace of Westminster and was built between 1365 and 1366 to protect Edward III’s personal treasure, known as the ‘King’s Privy Wardrobe’. At the time it was protected by a moat connected to the River Thames.
The ribbed vault has survived a number of disasters on the site throughout the years and its amazing design is regarded as a true architectural masterpiece. Despite receiving extensive damage during World War II, the tower was carefully restored by the Ministry of Works before opening the tower to tourist visitors, and it is now cared for by English Heritage.
Tel: 020 7222 2219
Adult : £3.50
Child : £2.10
Senior Citizen: £3.20