Guildhall Art Gallery and Roman Ampitheatre
The first Guildhall Art Gallery was built in 1885 to display the City of London Corporation's growing art collection. The project was inspired by the success of new galleries supported by local authorities in Liverpool, Manchester and Leeds. It aimed to cater to an increased taste for art evident in Victorian society. Under the dynamic leadership of its first Director, Alfred Temple, the Gallery ran a series of popular and influential exhibitions and expanded its collection of nineteenth century paintings.
Tel: 020 7332 3700
Entry Charges: Admission Free